Facilitating legitimate trade and travel
October 10, 2014
Government announces Business Express Program for Bulgaria and Romania
Canada?s Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander today announced the launch of a Business Express Program (BEP) in Bulgaria and Romania. The BEP will make it easier and faster for businesspeople from these countries to come to Canada.
The BEP will make business travel from both countries easier and visas quicker to get. Reliable companies whose employees frequently travel to Canada for business purposes will be invited by the Canadian Embassy in Bucharest, which covers both Romania and Bulgaria, to participate in the program.
The BEP is an important step in further strengthening Canada?s relations with both countries. It will also help ensure that Canada and the European Union fully benefit from the recent conclusion of the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement.
- Canada has successfully established a BEP in India, Mexico and China with visas issued within days and an approval rate of close to 100 percent.
- Most visas processed under the BEP will be issued within three days.
- To facilitate travel, Canada has opened Visa Application Centres (VAC) in Bucharest and Sofia.
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has also adopted the 10-year multiple-entry visa as its standard visa issued for most visitors and reduced the fee to CAD $100. This is good news for businesspeople, as well as tourists, as they can easily travel to and from Canada with a single visa. For each visit, they can stay for up to six months.
- It currently takes 14 days to process a visitor?s visa at the visa office in Bucharest, which is within CIC?s processing standards.