Call Us:- (905) 451-1550


Do you want to enter Canada as a student, worker, or visitor, but can’t because you are inadmissible? For example, you have a criminal record or a medical condition that renders you inadmissible. To be able to enter or stay in Canada despite your inadmissibility, you will need a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP).

Canadian Temporary Residence Permit


When applying for a TRP, you must prove that your reason for wanting to enter or remain in Canada is justified in the circumstances and that you are not a risk to Canadians.

Note: Once issued, a TRP may be cancelled by an immigration officer at any time. A TRP is no longer valid once you leave Canada, unless you have specifically been authorized to leave and re-enter.


TRP applications are challenging because immigration officers deciding whether to approve or refuse them have a great deal of discretion.  That is, they have a lot of freedom to decide whether or not granting you a TRP is justified in the circumstances.

Eastman Law Office has had much success in having TRP applications approved for our clients.

Contact Eastman Law Office to help you apply for a TRP

Call Eastman Law Office at (905) 451-1550 or e-mail us at to have our law office prepare and submit your Temporary Resident Permit application.

Schedule a Free Consultation

(905) 451-1550

Please note that none of the information on this website should be construed as being legal advice. As well, you should not rely on any of the information contained in this website when determining whether and how to apply to any program offered by Immigration Canada. Canadian immigration law changes constantly, and therefore information contained on this website may be out of date and no longer valid. If you have a question about the contents of this website, or any question about Canadian immigration law, please contact Eastman Law Office.

Our Memberships