Call Us:- (905) 451-1550


Many Canadian citizens and permanent residents want to bring their parents or grandparents to live permanently in Canada. See link below for Immigration Canada’s latest information on parent sponsorship and grand parent sponsorship.


Refugee Protection Claimant Documents

Parent Sponsorship Requirements in Canada

Sponsor’s financial responsibility

  • you must financial support for your sponsored family members for 20 years, starting when they become permanent residents
  • you must repay any provincial social assistance (money from the government) your sponsored family members get during that time

Who cannot be a sponsor

  • you are less than 18 years old
  • you won’t live in Canada when you apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents and/or when your parents and grandparents become permanent residents
  • Your primary residential address must be in Canada when you submit your application and until we make a decision on your application.
  • you’re not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • you’re a temporary resident, that is you’re visiting, studying or working in Canada on a visa or permit
  • your permanent residence application is still in process
  • You must have permanent resident status at the time you submit your sponsorship application.
  • your proof of income shows you don’t have enough money to support your parents/grandparents

Note: There may be other reasons that make you ineligible to sponsor your parents and grandparents. Please call Eastman Law Office for further information.


Parent or Grandparent

You can sponsor your biological or adoptive parents and grandparents.

In case of divorce or separation, you can sponsor your parents’ and your grandparents’ spouses, or conjugal or common-law partners.

In your application to sponsor your parents, you can include your brothers and sisters, or half brothers and sisters, if they qualify as dependent children.


Parent/Grandparent must not be inadmissible to Canada

Your parents and grandparents and their dependants:

  • won’t be allowed to enter or stay in Canada because their health condition might cause an excessive demand on health or social services;
  • are not allowed to enter or stay in Canada because they have committed or been convicted of a crime. That crime may have occurred in or outside Canada.

Call Eastman Law Office to sponsor your parents/grandparents

Eastman Law Office will assess whether you and your parents/grandparents meet the above criteria.

As your legal representative, Eastman Law Office will prepare your parent sponsorship or grandparent sponsorship application from start to finish, ensuring that it is well supported, establishing that you and your parents or grandparents have met all of the requirements set out in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its regulations. We will work with you to make certain that your application has the best possible chance of being approved.

Once your application is submitted to Immigration Canada, all future correspondence and communications regarding your application will be sent directly to Eastman Law Office.

Our law office will continue to be your legal representative until a final decision is made on your Sponsorship Application.

Call Eastman Law Office at (905) 451-1550 or e-mail us at to sponsor your parents or grandparents.

Schedule a Free Consultation

(905) 451-1550

Please note that none of the information on this website should be construed as being legal advice. As well, you should not rely on any of the information contained in this website when determining whether and how to apply to any program offered by Immigration Canada. Canadian immigration law changes constantly, and therefore information contained on this website may be out of date and no longer valid. If you have a question about the contents of this website, or any question about Canadian immigration law, please contact Eastman Law Office.

Our Memberships