Call Us:- (905) 451-1550


Every year millions of people visit Canada, many of which require a Temporary Resident Visa (“TRV”). This is also commonly referred to as a visitor or tourist visa.

If you are from a country that requires a temporary resident visa to enter Canada as a visitor, you must apply for that TRV at the Canadian visa office responsible for your country or region before coming to Canada. A visa officer will review your TRV application and decide whether to issue a visa.

Canada Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

Two Types of Canadian Temporary Resident Visas

There are two types of TRV’s: a single entry visa and a multiple entry visa. Both are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire.

A single entry visa allows you to come to Canada only one time. Once you have left Canada, excluding travel to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a new visa to travel back to and enter Canada.

A multiple entry visa allows visitors to come and go from Canada for six months at a time, without having to reapply each time. It can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before your passport expires, whichever is earlier. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa.

Canadian Immigration Lawyer

Extend Your Visit

Generally, visitors to Canada can stay for a maximum of six months from the date of their entry.

If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor, you must apply to do so before your status expires.  To be safe, you should apply 30 days before your status expires.

Work or Study while Visiting

Most visitors to Canada cannot work or study in Canada without a Work or Study Permit.  However, if you are visiting Canada and you want to work or study there are ways to obtain a Work or Study Permit while you are still in Canada. This is contingent on you still having legal visitor status in Canada.

Consulting with Canadian Immigration Lawyer about TRV
Eastman Immigration Working on your sponsorship to Canada

Contact Eastman Law Office to prepare your Visitor Visa Application

If you wish to visit Canada and require a TRV, Eastman Law Office will meticulously prepare your application package, ensuring that it more than meets the requirements as set by the visa office.

Eastman Law Office will prepare your TRV application from start to finish, ensuring that it is well supported, establishing that you have met all of the requirements set out in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its regulations.

We will work with you to make certain that your application has the best possible chance of being approved.

Once your application is submitted to Immigration Canada, all future correspondence and communications regarding your application will be sent directly to Eastman Law Office.

Eastman Law Office will continue to be your legal representative until a final decision is made on your TRV application.

Should you wish to work, study, or simply extend your stay once in Canada as a visitor, Eastman Law Office can also prepare and submit the necessary applications to work, study, or stay longer in Canada.

For those visitors Canada who wish eventually to become a Canadian permanent resident, we at Eastman Law Office will talk with you and draft a plan to achieve this goal.

Please call Eastman Law Office at (905) 451-1550 for a consultation or e-mail us at to apply for a temporary resident visa to Canada and/or plan your future in Canada.

Schedule a Free Consultation

(905) 451-1550

Please note that none of the information on this website should be construed as being legal advice. As well, you should not rely on any of the information contained in this website when determining whether and how to apply to any program offered by Immigration Canada. Canadian immigration law changes constantly, and therefore information contained on this website may be out of date and no longer valid. If you have a question about the contents of this website, or any question about Canadian immigration law, please contact Eastman Law Office.

Our Memberships