Call Us:- (905) 451-1550


Are you a foreign student at a post-secondary designated learning institution in Canada? If yes, then you are  eligible to apply for a Post Gradation Work Permit (PGWP) after you graduate.


Eligibility Criteria

You must apply for your PGWP within 180 days after receiving your final marks.

You must maintain your temporary resident status in Canada: you can’t let your status expire while you are waiting for your marks.  If your study permit will expire before you get your marks, you have 2 options. You can

  • apply for a visitor record to stay in Canada longer, or
  • leave Canada and apply for your PGWP

If you stay in Canada and let your permit expire, you must apply to restore your status as a student to apply for your PGWP.

NOTE: PGWP’s are valid from several months to 3 years, depending on how long the program of study is.

How Express Entry Works

Contact Eastman Law Office to apply for a PGWP

As your immigration lawyer, Eastman Law Office will prepare your PGWP application from start to finish ensuring that it is thoroughly prepared, well documented and that you have met all of the requirements.  We work with you to make certain that your application has the best possibility of being approved.

Eastman Law Office continues to represent you after we submit your PGWP application to Immigration Canada, so you don’t have to worry about missing any correspondence from Immigration Canada.

Immigration Canada will direct all correspondence relating to your PGWP application to our law office.  We will immediately take care of any issues that may arise.

Call Eastman Law Office at (905) 451-1550 or e-mail us at to have our law office prepare and submit your Post-Graduation Work Permit Application.

Our-Legal-Services (post graduate)

Schedule a Free Consultation

(905) 451-1550

Please note that none of the information on this website should be construed as being legal advice. As well, you should not rely on any of the information contained in this website when determining whether and how to apply to any program offered by Immigration Canada. Canadian immigration law changes constantly, and therefore information contained on this website may be out of date and no longer valid. If you have a question about the contents of this website, or any question about Canadian immigration law, please contact Eastman Law Office.

Our Memberships