Call Us:- (905) 451-1550


If your spouse or partner is a foreign national and you want them to live permanently with you in Canada, Eastman Law Office can help with spousal sponsorship and apply to bring them to Canada as a permanent resident (PR). To sponsor your spouse or partner for Canadian permanent residency, you will have to meet the following eligibility requirements:

Immigration lawyer working on your spousal sponsorship application to Canada

Spousal Sponsorship Application Requirements in Canada

You must be:

  • at least 18 years old
  • a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident living in Canada:
    • If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored spouse or partner becomes a permanent resident.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability, and
  • can provide for the basic needs of any person you are sponsoring (and in some limited situations, that you meet the low-income cut-off).

Note: You cannot be a sponsor under certain circumstance.  For example, if you are under a removal order or are receiving social assistance for a reason other than a disability, you cannot be a sponsor.

Sponsored Spouse waiting to fly to Canada

Your Spouse, Common-law partner or Conjugal partner

  • must be at least 18 years old
  • Your relationship is genuine and wasn’t entered into entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
  • If your spouse or common-law partner is applying in the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, they must already live with you in Canada.
Sponsored Spouse waiting to fly to Canada
Discussing spousal sponsorship with Eastman Immigration lawyer

Eastman Law Office Can Help You Apply To Sponsor Your Spouse In Canada

Eastman Law Office is thorough in its preparation and submission of Spousal Sponsorship Applications.

After your application has been submitted to Immigration Canada Eastman Law Office will handle all correspondence and communication received from Immigration Canada concerning your application until a final decision is made by an officer.  All letters and e-mails from the visa office will be sent to our office and we will respond to them after consulting with you, so you don’t have to worry about missing any.

Call Eastman Law Office at (905) 451-1550 or e-mail us at to sponsor your spouse or partner.

Click below to fill out our online form for Spousal Sponsorship and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Schedule a Free Consultation

(905) 451-1550

Please note that none of the information on this website should be construed as being legal advice. As well, you should not rely on any of the information contained in this website when determining whether and how to apply to any program offered by Immigration Canada. Canadian immigration law changes constantly, and therefore information contained on this website may be out of date and no longer valid. If you have a question about the contents of this website, or any question about Canadian immigration law, please contact Eastman Law Office.

Our Memberships