Temporary Resident Visa Canada

Former Department of Justice
- Canada Immigration Lawyer

(905) 451-1550
News and Updates
More Families to Reunite in Canada
August 20, 2018 – Surrey, BC – To help reunite even more parents and grandparents with their families in Canada, ... Full Story
Friday, August 31
Canada and Australia Announce Amendment to Youth Mobility Arrangement
August 28, 2018—Ottawa, ON – The Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, and the ... Full Story
Friday, August 31

Temporary Resident Visa Canada

Every year millions of people visit Canada, many of which require a Temporary Resident Visa ("TRV").  This is also commonly referred to as a visitor or tourist visa

If you are from a country that requires a temporary resident visa to enter Canada as a visitor, you must apply for that TRV at the Canadian visa office responsible for your country or region before coming to Canada. A visa officer will review your TRV application and decide whether to issue a visa.

Two Types of Canadian Temporary Resident Visas 

There are two types of TRV's: a single entry visa and a multiple entry visa. Both are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire.

A single entry visa allows you to come to Canada only one time. Once you have left Canada, excluding travel to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a new visa to travel back to and enter Canada.

A multiple entry visa allows visitors to come and go from Canada for six months at a time, without having to reapply each time. It can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before your passport expires, whichever is earlier. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa.

Extend Your Visit

If you want to extend your visit in Canada, you must apply to do so. Check your temporary resident visa to make sure you apply before the expiry date. You should apply 30 days before your status expires.

Work or Study while Visiting

Most visitors to Canada cannot work or study in Canada without a Work or Study Permit.  However, if you are visiting Canada and you want to work or study there are ways to obtain a Work or Study Permit while you are still in Canada if you still have legal visitor status in Canada.  In some limited cases, you are allowed to work or study without a Work or Study Permit.

What We Will Do For You

If you wish to visit Canada and require a temporary resident visa, Eastman Law Office will meticulously prepare your application package, ensuring that it more than meets the requirements as set by the visa office. Our office will put in order for you a thorough, complete and well documented TRV application. Once your application is complete, we will submit it to the visa office on your behalf. All communication to and from the visa office will be handled by our office for you until a final determination has been made on your TRV application. Should any issues arise during the processing of your TRV application at the visa office, Eastman Law Office will address them.

Should you wish to work, study, or simply extend your stay once in Canada as a visitor, Eastman Law Office can also prepare and submit to Citizenship and Immigration Canada the necessary applications to work, study, or stay longer in Canada. 

For those visitors Canada who wish eventually to become a Canadian Permanent Resident, we at Eastman Law Office will sit down with you and draft a plan to achieve this goal.

Please call Eastman Law Office at (905) 451-1550 for a consultation or e-mail us at contact@theimmigrater.com to apply for a temporary resident visa to Canada and/or plan your future in Canada.