Telephone icon (905) 451-1550      | Facebook iconTwitter Icon

Former Department of Justice - Canada Immigration Lawyer


Spousal Sponsorship

Providing Services In Brampton Ontario & The Greater Toronto Area 

If you, as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, are married to or in a common-law relationship with a foreign national, and you as a couple would like to live in Canada, you can sponsor your spouse by submitting a spousal sponsorship application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada ("IRCC"). 

How We Can Help

Before applying to sponsor your spouse, Eastman Law Office will assess whether you and your foreign national spouse meet all conditions under Canadian immigration law for Spousal Sponsorship. 

We will put together a thorough and well-documented application.  Our aim is to persuade an Immigration officer that your  relationship is genuine and was not entered into primarily for the purpose of your foreign national spouse acquiring Canadian permanent residency.  We also aim to have the officer approve your application, after reviewing the paper file, without calling your foreign national spouse in for a visa office interview. 

Finally, as your legal counsel, Eastman Law Office will be responsible for all communication to and from Immigration Canada in respect of your spousal application after it is submitted to them.  We will remain your legal counsel up until the time that an officer makes a final decision on your application. 

Click below to fill out our online form for Spousal Sponsorship and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please note that none of the information on this website should be construed as being legal advice. As well, you should not rely on any of the information contained in this website when determining whether and how to apply to any program offered by Immigration Canada. Canadian immigration law changes constantly, and therefore information contained on this website may be out of date and no longer valid. If you have a question about the contents of this website, or any question about Canadian immigration law, please contact Eastman Law Office.

Law Society of Ontario logo

The Canadian Bar Association

Refugee Lawyers' Association of Ontario

U Ottawa