Post-Graduation Work Permit
If you graduated from a designated learning institution, and want to stay in Canada temporarily while working, Eastman Law Office can help you apply for a post-graduation work permit.
To get a post-graduation work permit, you must:
- be 18 or older when you apply
- have continuously studied full-time in Canada in a study program at least eight months long
- have a document from your school (transcript, official letter, certificate, etc.) that confirms you completed and passed all your program requirements
- have graduated from a:
- public post-secondary school, such as a college, trade/technical school or university, or CEGEP in Quebec or private post-secondary school that operates under the same rules as public schools (currently applies only to certain private post-secondary institutions in Quebec) or
- private secondary or post-secondary school (in Quebec) that offers qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer, leading to a diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP) or an attestation de spécialisation professionnelle (ASP) or
- Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree) but only if you are enrolled in a study programs leading to a degree as authorized by the province
- apply for a work permit within 90 days of when it was confirmed that you completed your program and
- have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit.
Our Legal Services
As your legal representative, Eastman Law Office will prepare your Post-Graduation Work Permit Application from start to finish ensuring that it is thoroughly prepared and well supported with an abundance of documentary evidence establishing that you have met all of the requirements. We work with you to make certain that your application has the best possibility of being approved.
Once your application is submitted Citizenship and Immigration Canada all future correspondence and communications pertaining to your application directly will be sent to Eastman Law Office. Our law office will continue to be your legal representative until a final determination is made on your Post-Graduation Work Permit Application. Should any issue arise in the processing of your Post-Graduation Work Permit Application, Eastman Law Office will address it immediately.
Call Eastman Law Office at (905) 451-1550 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have our law office prepare and submit your Post-Graduation Work Permit Application.